An Accountancy Practice in central Bristol is currently recruiting a Qualified Audit Senior to join their team.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to further their career within this field working for a highly reputable, well established but expanding company. This is a newly created role due to growth within the organisation.
Duties will include:
- Working independently within the team, managing and undertaking all aspects of entire audit engagements, including planning, performing and completing statutory audits of financial statements
- Reporting directly to director level on assignments
- Clients include individual companies and groups, across a broad range of industries, and covering smaller owner managed businesses up to £40m turnover businesses
- Maintain and develop client relationships while working on site, and working closely with client management teams to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements, and becoming key point of contact and trusted advisor to clients
- Control and management of client and reporting deadlines, assignment budgeting, including liaison with other departments and members of staff
- Involvement to include statutory audits, as well as non-statutory audit, grant claim reporting and other compliance engagements, including companies, charities, pension schemes and societies
- Undertake non-audit financial statement preparation assignments
- Opportunities to work with the team to develop new non-audit assurance assignment approaches for existing and new clients to further expand the business, and to cater for the changing audit thresholds and the impact of this on clients’ reporting requirements
- Maintain and develop audit compliance procedures, audit manuals and involvement in internal compliance reviews of audit files, enabling constant improvement to audit quality and efficiency
- Opportunities for various ad-hoc projects including management accounting, corporate finance engagements (acquisitions, due diligence, business valuations) and finance raising for clients
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience of working within audit and proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Experience of working across a broad range of industries, and experience of industry specific accounting practices and treatments would be useful
- Experience of other accounting functions, such as VAT reporting, management accounting and a sound understanding of corporation tax, would also be beneficial